Program Goals and Student Learning Outcomes
The program is committed to attainment of the following goals:
Goal 1. Students will demonstrate clinical competence.
- Properly position patient
- Practice radiation safety/protection
- Demonstrate selection of proper technical factors
Goal 2. Students will demonstrate effective communication skills (oral and written).
- Communicate effectively with patients (orally and written)
- Communicate effectively with radiologists, radiographers, peer and communities of interest
Goal 3. Students will develop critical thinking skills.
- Adapt standard procedures for non-routine patients
- Demonstrate critical analysis of a radiograph
Goal 4. Student will model professionalism and understand the importance of professional work ethic and life long learning.
- Demonstrate professional work ethic
- Understand the value of life long learning
Goal 5. The program will provide qualified radiographers to meet the needs of the health care community
- Students will successfully complete the radiology program
- Graduates will pass the ARRT credentialing exam on the first attempt within 1 year
- Graduates will be employed 12 months following graduation
- Graduates will indicate they are satisfied with the program
- Employers will indicate satisfaction with graduates hired