Are you considering relocating to the Ohio Valley? Our organization is always looking to add high-quality physicians and specialists to our medial staff team at Ohio Valley Medical Center and East Ohio Regional Hospital. From the region’s top orthopedics program to the most comprehensive behavioral health and intensive outpatient substance abuse programs, Ohio Valley Health Services & Education Corporation is dedicated to finding committed physicians who are dedicated to working together to help meet the healthcare needs of our community. We offer a quiet, relaxing lifestyle just outside of major metropolitan areas with low cost-of-living and all of the modern amenities in a safe, family-oriented community.
Find out about physician employment opportunities by contacting our corporate physician recruiter, Elizabeth Brannare at 304-234-8557 or email@example.com.
From the region’s largest trail system to national schools of excellence, the city of Wheeling and the Ohio Valley offers a dynamic environment for you, your family and your business. There are many features that are unique to this area and we are proud of them! Our businesses enjoy the business climate as well with our advanced, motivated workforce. The workforce also enjoys being active in our various professional organizations. The area boasts year-round entertainment, leisure, sports, music, festivals, dining, shopping and much more. Wheeling is a great place to live, work and raise a family! From hundreds of fairs and festivals to arts and culture, there is something for everyone. Year-round activities include golf, hiking, biking, kayaking/water sports, running, skiing/snowboarding and a host of family activities. Whether you want to visit a world-class zoo or take in the Wheeling Symphony, you are sure to be entertained in the Ohio Valley.
It has an interesting history that spans from starting as a small outpost at Wheeling Creek to becoming a prosperous industrial city. Wheeling is located one hour from Pittsburgh, PA, and two hours from Columbus, OH, with a population of 30,000 and a population draw of 100,000. Wheeling and the Ohio Valley provides a high quality of life with excellent schools, including five colleges and one university, low crime rate, modern medical care, diverse housing and outstanding recreational activities. It has been frequently rated as one of the most desirable communities to live by a number of national publications.
Points of Interest located near Wheeling:
Charleston, West Virginia....................180
The Ohio Valley is home to some of the best colleges, universities and technical schools in the area including Bethany College, Belmont Technical College, Ohio University Eastern campus, West Liberty University, Wheeling Jesuit University and West Virginia Northern Community College. The public school system in Ohio County continues to be nationally recognized and often exceeds national test averages and scores. The Ohio Valley also offers a comprehensive Parochial school system as well as private school options including the Linsly School and Wheeling Country Day School.
- 75-piece Wheeling Symphony, the largest "small city" symphony in the United States.
- Extensive hiking/biking trail systems in and around the community.
- Professional athletic teams including the Wheeling Nailers, ECHL hockey and the Washington Wildthings, Pioneer League baseball.
- Museums including the Toy and Train, Oglebay Mansion Museum, Stifel Fine Arts Museum, West Virginia Independence Hall, Marx Toy and Train Museum, the Underground Railroad Museum, West Virginia State Penitentary and Museum, the Grave Creek Mound Museum and Archaeological Complex.
- Jamboree In The Hills - annual country music festival
- Wheeling Park featuring swimming, indoor tennis, golf, picnic facilities and ice skating.
- Oglebay Resort featuring Wilson Lodge and vacation cabins, the West Spa, the Arnold Palmer and Spiedel golf courses, indoor and outdoor swimming, tennis, picnic facilities, fishing, hiking, paved trails for biking, in-line skating, running or walking, horseback riding, astronomy and glass making.
- Fishing and boating on the Ohio River.
- Numerous festivals and concerts at Hertiage Port, Oglebay and nearby communities.
- Shopping at The Highlands and Ohio Valley Mall.
- Live theatre and concerts at Towngate Theatre, Capitol Theatre and Wesbanco Arena.