Medicaid Insurance: Information and Services
• Not only do Ohio Valley Medical Center and East Ohio Regional Hospital accept Medicaid, they are the only inpatient medical facilities in the area with an in-house Medicaid Eligibility Specialist
• The Medicaid Eligibility Specialist is an employee of the West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources.
• They are on-hand to help our Medicaid patients see what programs they may qualify for. They are also available for all of our self-pay patients.
• If you are a self-pay patient, the Medicaid Eligibility Specialist will check (on the spot!) if you are eligible for Medicaid coverage. You will need to answer some basic financial and household questions to determine if you are eligible for assistance. The process takes about 30 minutes and will be a face-to-face consultation, as opposed to completing the form online or over the phone (and waiting weeks to see if you qualify).
• The eligibility specialist will walk you through the entire process and be available for any questions or concerns that you may have along the way.
• If you do not qualify for Medicaid, our specialist will then check your eligibility for family assistance.
Rob Givens, Medicaid Eligibility Specialist
Rob has been a part of the team at OVMC-EORH for the past 9 years, helping patients on both sides of the river, as well as those who are at Hillcrest and the Robert C. Byrd Center. His background is in Social Work and Mental Health. To date, he has helped thousands of people qualify for Medicaid or family assistance in the Ohio Valley.
If you have any questions, please contact Rob Givens, Medicaid Eligibility Specialist, directly by calling 304.231.3859 or email email@example.com.